A validated reverse phase hplc method for the simultaneous estimation of clopidogrel bisulfate and rivaroxaban in pharmaceutical application
A simple, sensitive and precise reverse phase high performance liquid chromatographic method has been developed for the simultaneous estimation of Clopidogrel bisulfate and rivaroxaban in pharmaceutical dosage forms. The combination drug was analyzed on BDS hypersil C18, 250mm × 4.6mm, 5µ, Thermo scientific. Mobile phase consisted of buffer (0.05M KH2PO4 pH 4.0) : methanol in the ratio of 30:70 v/v delivered at a flow rate of 1.0 ml / min and wavelength of detection at 220 nm. The retention times of Clopidogrel bisulfate and Rivaroxaban were 2.39 min and 4.04 min respectively. The developed method was validated according to ICH guidelines. The proposed method can be used for the determination of these drugs in combined dosage forms.
Jacbson A. K., Platelet ADP receptor antagonist: ticlodipine and clopidrogel; Best pract. Res. Clin. Haematol 2004, 17 (1),55-64.
Sanjeeva Y, Sivakumar A and Sameer G. Navalgund; Physico-chemical studies on stability of clopidrogel tablet formulations;Int J Pharm Bio Sci 2012 Oct; 3(4): (P) 433 – 439
USP monograph (Clopidrogel Bisulfate USP 32-NF 27: (P) 1992
Pravin B. Cholkeet al; Development and Validation of Spectrophotometric Method for Clopidogrel bisulfate in pure and in film coated tablet dosage form ; Arch. Appl. Sci. Res., 2012, 4 (1):59-64
Zongyun Huang, Ruben Lozano, Robert Francis et.al ; Development of a Single in Vitro Dissolution Method for a combination Trilayer Tablet Formulation of Clopidrogel and Pravastatin; 12-19 Dissolution Technologies , Feb 2011.
"Bayer's Xarelto Approved in Canada" (Press release). Bayer. "Bayer’s Novel Anticoagulant Xarelto now also approved in the EU". Bayer.
Pinaz A. Kasad, K.S. Muralikrishna; Design and Validation of Dissolution Profile of Rivaroxaban by Using RP-HPLC Method in Dosage Form. Asian J. Pharm. Ana. 2013; Vol. 3: Issue 3, Pg 75-78
Fernandez D, Penela D, Heras M ; Contribution of the new oral anticoagulant to the treatment of acute coronary syndrome; Med Clin (Barc).2012 oct;139 Suppl 2 : 41-5.
CHMP Assessment report for Xarelto: Doc.Ref.: EMEA/543519/2008: European Medicine Agency Evaluation of Medicines For Human Use)
Satyanarayana PVV et al; New Spectrophotometric methods for the quantitative estimation of Rivaroxaban in formulations, International Journal of Research and Reviews in Pharmacy and Applied science, 611-620.
Harenberg J, Kramer R, Christina G, Svetlana M, et al; Determination of rivaroxaban by different factor Xa specific chromogenic substrate assays: reduction of interassay variability, Journal of Thrombosis and Thrombolysis, J Thromb Thrombolysis.; 32(3): 267–271, October 2011.
Satyanarayana PVV et al; RP-HPLC method development and validation for the analysis of rivaroxaban in pharmaceutical dosage forms, 2 (1), 226-231,2012.
Souri E, MottaghiS, Mohammad Z et al; Development of a Stability-Indicating HPLC Method and a Dissolution Test for Rivaroxaban Dosage Forms. Acta Chromatographica DOI: 10.1556/1326.2016.28.3.05
Cholke PB., Ahmed R, Chemate SZ and Jadhav KR; Development and Validation of Spectrophotometric Method for Clopidogrel bisulfate in pure and in film coated tablet dosage form Arch. Appl. Sci. Res., 2012, 4 (1):59-64
Singh S S, Sharma K, Barot D, Mohan P R, Lohray V B.; Estimation of carboxylic acid metabolite of clopidogrel in Wistar rat plasma by HPLC and its application to a pharmacokinetic study. J. Chromatogr. B 2005, 821 (2), 173–180.
Ksycinska H.; Rudzki P.; Bukowska-Kiliszek, M; Determination of clopidogrel metabolite (SR26334) in human plasma by LC–MS. J. Pharm. Biomed. Anal. 2006,41 (2), 533–539.
Gomez Y; Adams E; Hoogmartens J; Analysis of purity in 19 drug product tablets containing clopidogrel: 18 copies versus the original brand. J. Pharm. Biomed.Anal. 2004,34 (2), 341–348.
Mitakos A,Panderi I; A validated LC method for the determination of clopidogrel in pharmaceutical preparations. J. Pharm. Biomed. Anal. 2002, 28 (3–4), 431–438.
USP monograph Clopidrogel Bisulfate ;USP 32-NF 27: (P) 1992
SnyderLR, GlajchJL, KirklandJJ. Practical HPLC Method Development. New York: John Wiley:1988,227-251
Majors RE, Prazybeciel M ; Columns for reversed- phase LC separation in highly aqueous mobile phases, LCGC North America 20,584-593,2002
Wang IH, Moorman R, Burleson J; Isocratic reversed phase liquid chromatographic method for the simultaneous determination of (s) Methoprene, MGK 264, Piperronylbutoxide, sumitrhin, and permethrin in pesticide formulation; J Chormatogr A 2003 Jan 3,983(1-2):145-52
Maldener G, Chromatographia 1989,28,85-88
ICH Harmonized Tripartite Guideline Q2B: Text on Validation of Analytical Procedures: Methodology, ICH Steering Committee, 1994. www.scribd.com/doc/.../ICH-Validation-of-Analytical-Procedures
International Conference on Harmonization of Technical Requirements for Registration of Pharmaceuticals for Human Use: ICH Triplicate Guidelines, validation of analytical procedures: text and methodology. Q (R1), 2005.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2020 Rupali Sajjanwar, Shyamala Bhaskaran, Kulesh Kakati, Shailendra Kumar Jha
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
In submitting an article to Journal of Applied Pharmaceutical Research (JOAPR) I certify that:
- I am authorized by my co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- I warrant, on behalf of myself and my co-authors, that:
- the article is original, has not been formally published in any other peer-reviewed journal, is not under consideration by any other journal and does not infringe any existing copyright or any other third party rights;
- I am/we are the sole author(s) of the article and have full authority to enter into this agreement and in granting rights to JOAPR are not in breach of any other obligation;
- the article contains nothing that is unlawful, libellous, or which would, if published, constitute a breach of contract or of confidence or of commitment given to secrecy;
- I/we have taken due care to ensure the integrity of the article. To my/our - and currently accepted scientific - knowledge all statements contained in it purporting to be facts are true and any formula or instruction contained in the article will not, if followed accurately, cause any injury, illness or damage to the user.
- I, and all co-authors, agree that the article, if editorially accepted for publication, shall be licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License
- I, and all co-authors, agree that, if the article is editorially accepted for publication in Journal of Applied Pharmaceutical Research (JOAPR) data included in the article shall be made available under the Creative Commons 1.0 Public Domain Dedication waiver, unless otherwise stated. For the avoidance of doubt it is stated that sections 1, 2, and 3 of this license agreement shall apply and prevail.