Syntheses and characterization of 5-aryl-1,3,4-oxadiazole-2(3h)thione derivatives
Keywords:1,3,4-oxadiazoles, Syntheses, Characterization
1,3,4-oxadiazoles represent a class of heterocyclic five membered compounds it contain two nitrogen and one oxygen of great importance in Pharmaceutical chemistry. This nucleus show four isomeric forms 1,2,4-oxadiazole,1,3,4-oxadiazole, 1,2,5-oxadiazole, and 1,2,3-oxadiazole. This nucleus has various biological activity such as antioxidant, antimicrobial, antifungal, antitumor, antidepressant, anticancer, analgesic etc. have been reported. A series of 1,3,4-oxadiazoles-2(3H)thione derivative has been synthesized in four steps and the derivative were characterized by FTIR spectral analysis. This article explain the different biological activities associated with 1,3,4-oxadiazole five membered ring are useful for researchers across the world working on this nucleus.
Saaid FH, Dawood SJ, Marbeen BH. Synthesis and Characterization of 1,3,4- oxadiazole Derivatives using an Ultrasonic Technique. Al-Mustansiriyah Journal of Science, 29(2), 101-105 (2018).
Manjunatha K, Poojari B, Lobo LP, Fernandes J, Kumari N. Synthesis and biological evaluation of some 1,3,4-oxadiazole derivatives. European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, 45(11), 5225-33 (2010)
Bala S, Kamboj S, Kajal A, Saini V. and Prasad DN. 1,3,4-Oxadiazole Derivatives: Synthesis, Characterization, Antimicrobial Potential, and Computational Studies. Bio Med Research International, 18 (2014)
Roman G, Agache Costel, Manciulea I, Comaniţa E. and Dumitrescu L. Synthesis of new mannich bases derived from 5-phenyl-1,3,4-oxadiazole-2-thione and investigation of the conformational isomers of dimethyl 5-(5-phenyl-2- thioxo-1,3,4-oxadiazole-3-methylamino)isophthalate. Revue Roumaine de Chimie, 52(12), 1103–1110 (2007)
Gilchrist TL. Heterocyclic chemistry, 3th Ed.; Dorling Kindersley(India) Pvt. Ltd., pp. 12-13. (2007)
Kulkarni VS, Lele1 MD, Gavitre BB, Patil MD, Bobe KR. and Gaikwad DT. Oxadiazole: a new profile of biological activities. International Journal of Drug Formulation & Research, 1(3), 134-166 (2010)
Paulo PS, Vitor SS, Marco EFL. 1,2,4- and 1,3,4-Oxadiazoles as Scaffolds in the Development of Antiparasitic Agents. J. Braz. Chem. Soc. 29, 3 (2018)
Shukla C, Srivastava S. Biologically active oxadiazole. Journal of Drug Delivery & Therapeutics. 5(6), 8-13 (2015)
Musmade DS, Pattan SR. and Manjunath SY. Oxadiazole a nucleus with versatile biological behavior. IJPC, 05(01), 11-20 (2015)
Amir M, Shikha K. Synthesis and anti-inflammatory, analgesic, ulcerogenic and lipid peroxidation activities of some new 2-[(2,6-dichloroanilino)phenyl]acetic acid derivative. Eur. J. Med. Chem., 39, 535-545 (2004)
Aboraia AS, Abdel-Rahman HM, Mahfouz NM, EL-Gendy MA. Novel 5-(2-hydroxyphenyl)-3-substituted-2,3-dihydro-1,3,4-oxadiazole-2-thione derivatives: Promising anticancer agents. Bioorg. Med. Chem., 14, 1236–1246 (2006)
Nagalakshmi G. Synthesis, antimicrobial and antiinflammatory activity of 2,5-disubstituted-1,3,4-oxadiazoles. Indian J Pharm Sci, 70(1), 49-55 (2008)
Dewangan D, Pandey A, Sivakumar T, Rajavel R, Dubey RD. Synthesis of some Novel 2, 5- Disubstituted 1, 3, 4-Oxadiazole and its Analgesic, Anti-Inflammatory, Anti-Bacterial and Anti-Tubercular Activity. Int. J. of Chem Tech Research, 2(3), 1397-1412 (2010)
Ramaprasad GC, Kalluraya B, Kumar BS, Hunnur RK. Synthesis and biological property of some novel 1,3,4-oxadiazoles. Eur. J. Med. Chem., 45, 4587-4593 (2010)
Almasirada A. et al. Synthesis, Anticonvulsant and Muscle Relaxant Activities of Substituted 1,3,4-oxadiazole, 1,3,4-thiadiazole and 1,2,4-triazole. Acta Chim. Slov. 317(54), 317–324 (2007)
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2020 Shailesh Pathak, Sharad Sharma, Vinay Pathak, Mahesh Prasad
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
In submitting an article to Journal of Applied Pharmaceutical Research (JOAPR) I certify that:
- I am authorized by my co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- I warrant, on behalf of myself and my co-authors, that:
- the article is original, has not been formally published in any other peer-reviewed journal, is not under consideration by any other journal and does not infringe any existing copyright or any other third party rights;
- I am/we are the sole author(s) of the article and have full authority to enter into this agreement and in granting rights to JOAPR are not in breach of any other obligation;
- the article contains nothing that is unlawful, libellous, or which would, if published, constitute a breach of contract or of confidence or of commitment given to secrecy;
- I/we have taken due care to ensure the integrity of the article. To my/our - and currently accepted scientific - knowledge all statements contained in it purporting to be facts are true and any formula or instruction contained in the article will not, if followed accurately, cause any injury, illness or damage to the user.
- I, and all co-authors, agree that the article, if editorially accepted for publication, shall be licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License
- I, and all co-authors, agree that, if the article is editorially accepted for publication in Journal of Applied Pharmaceutical Research (JOAPR) data included in the article shall be made available under the Creative Commons 1.0 Public Domain Dedication waiver, unless otherwise stated. For the avoidance of doubt it is stated that sections 1, 2, and 3 of this license agreement shall apply and prevail.