Main Article Content
The present work was aimed to carry out pharmacognosical and phytochemical evaluation of individual root, stem, and leaves of orchid “Dendrobium ochreatum.” The plant was sun dried and was grounded to fine powder using mechanical grinder followed by sieving. The fine powder was collected and subjected to different pharmacognostical studies like fluorescence analysis under uv light at different wavelength. Physiochemical parameters were also evaluated of the dried plant parts like ash values, loss on drying. Each part of plant like root, stem and leaves were separated and subjected to extraction using soxhletion using different polarity solvents i,e hexane, chloroform, ethanol in gradient elution technique. All total nine plant extracts were obtained, phytochemical screening revealed the presence of important phytoconstituents like alkaloid, glycoside, saponins etc whereas only chloroform extracts of stem exhibited the presence of steroid/phytosterol.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
The copyright of the published manuscript lies with the author. In submitting an article to Journal of Applied Pharmaceutical Research (JOAPR) I certify that:
- I am authorized by my co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- I warrant, on behalf of myself and my co-authors, that:
- the article is original, has not been formally published in any other peer-reviewed journal, is not under consideration by any other journal and does not infringe any existing copyright or any other third party rights;
- I am/we are the sole author(s) of the article and have full authority to enter into this agreement and in granting rights to JOAPR are not in breach of any other obligation;
- the article contains nothing that is unlawful, libellous, or which would, if published, constitute a breach of contract or of confidence or of commitment given to secrecy;
- I/we have taken due care to ensure the integrity of the article. To my/our - and currently accepted scientific - knowledge all statements contained in it purporting to be facts are true and any formula or instruction contained in the article will not, if followed accurately, cause any injury, illness or damage to the user.
- I, and all co-authors, agree that the article, if editorially accepted for publication, shall be licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License
- I, and all co-authors, agree that, if the article is editorially accepted for publication in Journal of Applied Pharmaceutical Research (JOAPR) data included in the article shall be made available under the Creative Commons 1.0 Public Domain Dedication waiver, unless otherwise stated. For the avoidance of doubt it is stated that sections 1, 2, and 3 of this license agreement shall apply and prevail.
- I, and all co-authors are permitted and encouraged to post my/our work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work
 Mamta Saxena, Jyoti Saxena, Rajeev Nema, Dharmendra Singh, Abhishek Gupta, Phytochemistry of Medicinal Plants, Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry, 1(6): 168-182, (2013).
 Sumitra Chanda. Importance of pharmacognostic study of medicinal plants: An overview, Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry, 2 (5): 69-73, (2014).
 Anonymous, Indian Pharmacopoeia, CSIR publication, V-2, A-53-54, (1996).
 P.C Sharma, M. B Yelne, T.J Dennis, Database on Medicinal Plants used in Ayurveda, CCRAS, Dept of ISHM& H. Ministry of H&FW. Govt of India, New Delhi. 2: 270-276, ( 1999).
 WHO guidelines, AITBS Publishers and Distributors: New Delhi. 1:28- 46, (2002).
 Anonymous, “The Pharmacopoeia of India” Controller of Publication, 4th Edition. New Delhi, A-70-74, (1996).
 M.Jhonson, N .Janakiram, Phytochemical and TLC studies on stem and leaves of the orchids Dendrobium Panduratu, Indian journal of Natural Products and Resources, 4(3):250-254, (2013).
 C.K Kokate, Practical Pharmacognosy, Vallabh Prakashan, 14: 178-182.(1994).