Main Article Content
Schizophrenia is a syndromic condition which is characterized by a set of signs and symptoms like delusions. It is severe non-curable illness of the brain. If not controlled and treated properly, it can lead to severe consequences. One can control these delusions by means of treatment, by using Conventional therapy or Novel therapy. There are various advantages of Novel system over Conventional system. This review focuses on understanding Novel system and its advantages over Conventional system.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
The copyright of the published manuscript lies with the author. In submitting an article to Journal of Applied Pharmaceutical Research (JOAPR) I certify that:
- I am authorized by my co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- I warrant, on behalf of myself and my co-authors, that:
- the article is original, has not been formally published in any other peer-reviewed journal, is not under consideration by any other journal and does not infringe any existing copyright or any other third party rights;
- I am/we are the sole author(s) of the article and have full authority to enter into this agreement and in granting rights to JOAPR are not in breach of any other obligation;
- the article contains nothing that is unlawful, libellous, or which would, if published, constitute a breach of contract or of confidence or of commitment given to secrecy;
- I/we have taken due care to ensure the integrity of the article. To my/our - and currently accepted scientific - knowledge all statements contained in it purporting to be facts are true and any formula or instruction contained in the article will not, if followed accurately, cause any injury, illness or damage to the user.
- I, and all co-authors, agree that the article, if editorially accepted for publication, shall be licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License
- I, and all co-authors, agree that, if the article is editorially accepted for publication in Journal of Applied Pharmaceutical Research (JOAPR) data included in the article shall be made available under the Creative Commons 1.0 Public Domain Dedication waiver, unless otherwise stated. For the avoidance of doubt it is stated that sections 1, 2, and 3 of this license agreement shall apply and prevail.
- I, and all co-authors are permitted and encouraged to post my/our work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work
 Dobbs D. Schizophrenia: The making of a troubled mind. Nature, 468, 154–6 (2010).
 Siever LJ, Davis KL. The Pathophysiology of Schizophrenia Disorders: Perspectives from the Spectrum, 2004.
 Sevos J, Grosselin A, Pellet J, Massoubre C, Brouillet D. Grasping the world: object-affordance effect in schizophrenia. Schizophr. Res. Treatment, 2013, 531938 (2013).
 Singh AN, Barlas C, Saeedi H, Mishra RK. Effect of loxapine on peripheral dopamine-like and serotonin receptors in patients with schizophrenia. J. Psychiatry Neurosci., 28, 39–47 (2003).
 Bheemidi VS, Tiruckovela M, Chettipalli ND, Yanamadala SV. Novel applications of nanotechnology in life sciences, 2011.
 Allen TM. Drug Delivery Systems: Entering the Mainstream. Science (80-. )., 303, 1818–22 (2004).
 Azarmi S, Roa W, Löbenberg R. Current perspectives in dissolution testing of conventional and novel dosage forms, 2007.
 Bhagwat RR, Vaidhya IS. Novel drug delivery system: An overview. Int. J. Pharm. Sci. Res., 4, 970–82 (2013).
 Deogade UM, Deshmukh VN, Sakarkar DM. Natural gums and mucilage’s in NDDS: Applications and recent approaches. Int. J. PharmTech Res., 4, 799–814 (2012).
 Rangasamy M, Parthiban KG. Recent advances in novel drug delivery systems. Int. J. Res. Ayurveda Pharm., 1, 316–26 (2010).
 Rasool Hassan BA. Overview on Pharmaceutical Formulation and Drug Design. Pharm. Anal. Acta, 3, (2012).
 Kim JS. Liposomal drug delivery system, 2016.
 Loucks RG, Reed RM, Ruppel SC, Hammes U. Spectrum of pore types and networks in mudrocks and a descriptive classification for matrix-related mudrock pores. Am. Assoc. Pet. Geol. Bull., 96, 1071–98 (2012).
 Nikalje AP. Nanotechnology and its Applications in Medicine. Med. Chem. (Los. Angeles)., 5, (2015).
 Venturini M, Mazzitelli S, Mičetić I, Benini C, Fabbri J, Pozzi Mucelli S, Benetti F, Nastruzzi C. Analysis of Operating Conditions Influencing the Morphology and In vitro Behaviour of Chitosan Coated Liposomes. J. Nanomed. Nanotechnol., 5, (2014).
 Maurer N, Fenske DB, Cullis PR. Developments in liposomal drug delivery systems. Expert Opin. Biol. Ther., 1, 923–47 (2001).
 Sampath KP, Bhowmik D, Srivastava S, Paswan S, Dutta AS. Sustained Release Drug Delivery System Potential. Pharma Innov., 1, 48–60 (2012).
 Moghimi SM, Hunter AC, Murray JC. Long-circulating and target-specific nanoparticles: theory to practice. Pharmacol. Rev., 53, 283–318 (2001).
 Sung H. Nanoparticles for protein drug delivery. US Pat. 7,863,258, (2011).
 Dwarakanadha Reddy P, Swarnalatha D. Recent advances in novel drug delivery systems. Int. J. PharmTech Res., 2, 2025–7 (2010).
 Allen TM, Moase EH. Therapeutic opportunities for targeted liposomal drug delivery, 1996.
 Esposito E. Production, Physico-Chemical Characterization and Biodistribution Studies of Lipid Nanoparticles. J. Nanomed. Nanotechnol., 6, (2015).
 Gao W, Hu C-MJ, Fang RH, Zhang L. Liposome-like nanostructures for drug delivery. J. Mater. Chem. B, 1, 6569 (2013).
 Rane S, Prabhakar B. Influence of liposome composition on paclitaxel entrapment and pH sensitivity of liposomes. Int. J. PharmTech Res., 1, 914–7 (2009).