Main Article Content
A simple, sensitive and accurate stability indicating HPTLC method has been developed and validated for estimation of Dextromethorphan hydrobromide in bulk and pharmaceutical dosage form. The drug was spotted on precoated silica gel 60 F254 aluminum plates using Toluene: Methanol: Triethylamine (8.5:1:0.5 v/v/v) as mobile phase. The retention factor (Rf) was found to be 0.60±1.92. The detection of band was carried at 225 nm. The drug was subjected to different stress conditions like acid, base, neutral hydrolysis, oxidation, thermal degradation and photolysis. The method was successfully validated according to ICH guidelines Q2 (R1). The data of linear regression analysis indicated a good linear relationship over the concentration range of 2000-20000 ng/band with correlation coefficient 0.991. The method found to be accurate as results of the recovery studies are close to 100 %. The developed method was found to be simple, sensitive, selective, accurate and repeatable for analysis of and can be adopted for routine analysis of drug in bulk and pharmaceutical dosage form.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
The copyright of the published manuscript lies with the author. In submitting an article to Journal of Applied Pharmaceutical Research (JOAPR) I certify that:
- I am authorized by my co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- I warrant, on behalf of myself and my co-authors, that:
- the article is original, has not been formally published in any other peer-reviewed journal, is not under consideration by any other journal and does not infringe any existing copyright or any other third party rights;
- I am/we are the sole author(s) of the article and have full authority to enter into this agreement and in granting rights to JOAPR are not in breach of any other obligation;
- the article contains nothing that is unlawful, libellous, or which would, if published, constitute a breach of contract or of confidence or of commitment given to secrecy;
- I/we have taken due care to ensure the integrity of the article. To my/our - and currently accepted scientific - knowledge all statements contained in it purporting to be facts are true and any formula or instruction contained in the article will not, if followed accurately, cause any injury, illness or damage to the user.
- I, and all co-authors, agree that the article, if editorially accepted for publication, shall be licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License
- I, and all co-authors, agree that, if the article is editorially accepted for publication in Journal of Applied Pharmaceutical Research (JOAPR) data included in the article shall be made available under the Creative Commons 1.0 Public Domain Dedication waiver, unless otherwise stated. For the avoidance of doubt it is stated that sections 1, 2, and 3 of this license agreement shall apply and prevail.
- I, and all co-authors are permitted and encouraged to post my/our work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work
 P Narmada, G Nalini, G Vijayalakshmi, Y Gowtham, P Ramesh, K V Jogi. Simultaneous estimation of Cetrizine hydrochloride and Dextromethorphan hydrobromide in syrup formulation by Reverse phase high performance liquid chromatography, Novus International Journal of Analytical Innovations, 1(3), 1-9 (2012)
 Goyal T. A novel stability indicating HPLC method for simultaneous estimation of Guaiphenesin, Chlorpheniramine maleate & Dextromethorphan HBr. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research , 4(11), 4435-4441 (2013)
 Varasala D and Konidala S. Stability-indicating RP-HPLC method Development & Validation for simultaneous determination of Doxylamine succinate and Dextromethorphan hydrobromide in pharmaceutical dosage forms. Der Pharmacia Lettre, 7(2), 112-118 (2015)
 Ebeshi Benjamin U, Obodozie Obiageri O and Bolaji Oluseye O. Sensitive and Selective Reversed-Phase High Performance Liquid Chromatographic-UV Spectrophotometric Determination of Dextromethorphan and its CYP2D6 Mediated Metabolite, Dextrorphan in Human Urine, Tropical Journal of Pharmaceutical Research, 13 (2), 281-286 (2014)
 International Conference on Harmonization Guideline on Validation of Analytical Procedures Text and Methodology Q2 (R1), (2005)
 International Conference on Harmonization Guideline on Stability Testing of New Drug Substances and Products Q1 A (R2), (2003)